Monday 9 November 2015

Yuri Manga Review: Love Sign (short one-shot)

I just love public holidays... don't you? It is like the best break a working adult can get in the working world...

Anyways, a short manga review today. More accurately, the manga is a one shot - just 9 pages long - called Love Sign by Katakura Ako. Honestly I came across this manga much earlier than today, just that I decided to do a quick review today to catalogue that I have ever read this before, and for my readers of this blog who is looking for a quick fix of yuri manga.

It seems all I have been reviewing are more non-popular yuri manga, and they are not necessarily of good quality. Well, I will try from now on to slot in a few good yuri mangas, while compiling a top 10 list of my favorite manga all time for any readers' reference. Stay tuned :)

**if you, my reader, is under 18 (or 21 in some countries), or is surrounded in a public place/at work, I strongly advise you to close the browser as the below content or the manga is NSFW**

Back to the one-shot, it is really a good but NSFW (again!! NSFW!!!) read:

Yes.. the manga hooked me in the onset with a french kiss.

The manga's plot and message is simple - sometimes tsundere characters make their partners worry if they aren't happy. In fact, I can't count the number of times this has happened to me, or my friends in real life. The lack of expression of love from one party to the other would get to the other party, sooner or later. The manga waste no time in explaining or portraying things that do not matter to the message. This helped because the lack of sidetrack does not dilute the main message and makes the plot easy to relate to.

Fortunately, the manga ends on a sweet note. And with that, I present to you an additional NSFW (last warning, seriously) screen grab from the manga:



In summary, I would recommend this short read and rate it a 6/10. Try it, if you are alone with 5 mins to spare. The 9 pages shouldn't take too long to go through :)

TLDR; Try it! Short, hot and sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment