Tuesday 24 November 2015

Yuri Bar: Taipei's Taboo Plus

Hello my fellow readers! Sorry about the delay in posts... I try to keep it to 1-2 times a week, but the last week has been pretty crazy for me because I was away on an overseas business trip.
However, thanks to that, I was able to drop by a yuri (fine, lesbian) cafe/bar in Taipei. Yes! Such a cafe/bar concept do exist :) I really love Taipei as a city.

So no manga, but here it is: Taboo Plus Cafe Bar




Honestly, I don't know how many of you will be reading this.. and if you do, will you ever be interested to drop by this bar if you are ever in Taipei. However, this bar is awesome. The food is cheap and good, and the atmosphere for just females in general (seriously, you dont even have to be bisexual or lesbian) is just great. The place is not too rowdy, in fact, its a little quiet.

The location is quite secluded though - it is very near a MRT station in Taipei, but its pretty hard to find the entrance because it is hidden in B1 (the staircase to B1 is also blocked by shrubs if you are entering from the main road).

However, I can assure you, it is a quality find and you will be delighted to spend a night just chilling in the bar... the bartenders are nice (there's a good mix of tomboys and femmes barkeeps) and chatty. There weren't much patrons when I was there.. probably cos I arrived late (I reached the bar around 11pm on a Sat night).



Unfortunately for me, I wasn't able to make any new friends that night save for the friendly bartenders... perhaps because of what I wore. Honestly, I'm no tomboy. I have long hair, I like plain clothes, probably I did not stand out... or catch anyone's eye. Or i was too busy concentrating on Taipei Golden Horse that was screening in the bar to notice anybody paying any particular attention to me. Meh.

But the interior is really nice...:




Anyways, anybody interested can check out their facebook (though it is mostly in Chinese) and if you are ever in Taipei, do drop by and give support. How rare is it that a lesbian cafe/bar exist...

Their address: 
Nanjing East Road Section 5, Lane 66, Alley 2, No. 24, Basement 1, Songshan District, Taipei City, Taiwan 105 (Nearest MRT Station is Nanjing Sanmin on the green line).

Their address in Chinese, in case you ever need to show the taxi driver: 南京東路五段66巷2弄24號B1, Taipei, Taiwan 105



No comments:

Post a Comment