Sunday 11 October 2015

Yuri Manga review: Eventually, I will become yours (ongoing)

Let me just start out by saying that I am really a beginner in this blog business, tagging and reading yuri mangas.

I started picking reading mangas only this year in fact, but the first yuri manga I've read (probably blog about it some other time) inspired me so much to fervently seek out the yuri genre. From then on, my love for yuri manga just... exploded.

Right now all I really want to is to blog about the stuff that I read.

Feel free to comment as well... I welcome all comments on yuri manga :)

Right now I will start with the review of Eventually, I will become yours.



Honestly, I started reading the manga because I was following Nakatani Nio. The author has a few awesome doujins about the Touhou project and let me tell you in no uncertain terms, I enjoyed her Touhou doujins. If you came across this blog but have not heard of her, you can check out some of her works over at dynasty scans: http://dynasty-scans.com/authors/nakatani_nio 

Eventually, I would become yours is still ongoing and as of this review, only 5 chapters and 1 extra has been translated and released.

I would certainly recommend it to those who are looking for a manga similar to Fragtime - except that the protagonists have no superpowers to stop time, though one of them do remind me of a psychopath, somehow.

Well, without spoiling too much of the story, so far the story started off about a 2nd year high school student council member and a high school freshman's (lack of) views on romantic love, where they actually bonded over rejecting confessions. However, the similarity in both of them ironically piqued their interest towards each other and... I'm sure you can tell how the story goes after.

The art is awesome as you can see:



But I would like to caution that the one of the protagonists, is strange, to say the least. Well, she didn't have super powers like Moritani-san from fragtime, but her level of internal indifference is difficult for me to comprehend. On one hand, she portrays all signs of "normal", for example, having fun with friends, being a filial child to her parents and grandparents, but somehow her internal conversations revolve around herself having no feelings almost close to psychopathic indifference, though yet she exemplifies all signs of a normal girl's reaction towards being showered with affection. Or maybe it's just me who finds it strange. Hmm.

For the other protagonist... let's just say I thought she had a friend who was more deserving of her affections.

But what interest me the most is the changing dynamics between the two protagonists, how it transformed from the freshman looking up to the senior to the reverse.

Well I'll definitely be waiting for more chapters to be released.

For now in my own personal rating system, I would probably give this manga a 6.5/10. Try it, if you liked fragtime.


No comments:

Post a Comment